Clinical Pharmacists are experts in medicines and can help people stay as well as possible. They can support those with long-term conditions like asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure, or anyone taking multiple medicines, to make sure their medication is working. Many Clinical Pharmacists can also prescribe medicines.
They can help by:
- Reviewing your medicines.
- Agreeing and making changes to your prescriptions.
- Advising about medicines and possible side effects.
- Evaluating medication therapy and making appropriate. recommendations to patients or health practitioners.
- Providing information and advice about the safe and effective use of your medicines.
- Recognizing untreated health conditions that could be managed with medicines.
- Advising patients about the best way to take medication.
- Assisting in direct care of patients.